The Enigma 550W amplifier is the big brother of our high performance 300W model which has been very popular and received excellent reviews from users around the globe.
This conservatively-rated amplifier is capable of over 600W output power and is mounted on a huge heatsink for long-term reliability and cool running. We've incorporated extra features suggested by you, for example a dual mode bias shut-down input to reduce wasted power whilst the amp is in idle and not keyed, an improved bias temperature compensation network, and an improved thermal sensor for the heatsink. The main PA transistor is one of the newest generation high ruggedness parts from Ampleon, the BLF184XR.
Due to the high power output and careful alignment required, this model will only be available as a fully assembled and tested product.
Please see the full features & specifications below:
- Broadband, no tuning required.
- High quality components & construction used throughout.
- Massive output power - up to 600W.
- On board low-pass filter, excellent spectral purity.
- High gain, just 3W drive needed.
- High efficiency - runs cool.
- Temperature compensated bias for linear operation.
- Massive heatsink for long-term reliability.
- Suitable for FM & SSB
- On-board directional coupler for forward & reverse power monitoring.
- On-board temperature monitoring of the heatsink.
- High ruggedness RF transistor capable of operating in to open & short loads.
- Professionally built, tested and aligned in the UK.
Output Power: 550W with 3W drive (max. 600W with 3.5W drive).
Operating bandwidth: 140-150MHz.
Gain: 22.5dB +/- 0.5dB with a 50V supply.
Harmonic & spurious output:< -65dBc (typical -69dBc f2).
Efficiency: >70% PAE @600W output and 50V supply (FM mode).
Input SWR: < 1.3:1 (typical < 1.1:1 @145MHz).
Power supply: 50V @ 18A max. (typical. 16.5A).
Monitoring: Output voltages for FWD & REF power, PTC voltage for heatsink temperature.
Bias disable: Dual-mode: Ground or +5V to disable bias.
Dimensions: 250(L) x 125(W) x 100(H) mm.
We sell a large ferrite core for power supply decoupling here.
We sell a 12/15V regulator module for sundry items (fans/relays etc.) here.